TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
SEASONAL COORDINATOR, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Festival Programming. To assist with, coordinate and oversee various administrative tasks around the programming, planning and execution of the Toronto International Film Festival.
• 3-5 years work experience in arts and culture administration;
• Knowledge of the film industry and international cinema;
• Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail;
• Precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Ability to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Excellent phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal strengths;
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment;
• Proficiency with computers and applications (including Microsoft Office Suite, databases and a Google environment);
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends;
• Fluency in a second language considered an asset;
• Previous festival experience considered an asset;
• Degree or diploma in Film Studies or related area considered an asset
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Monday April 16, 2018.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/