The WeeFestival seeks an Associate Producer (Development, Marketing & Communications) to join the 2018 WeeFestival team. (Short-term Contract)
Out of a passionate belief that children in their early years of development should be exposed to aesthetically-rich and stimulating arts experiences, the WeeFestival was conceived by Theatre Direct as Toronto’s first festival dedicated to Theatre and Culture for Early Years.
The biennial festival launched in 2014, and now returns for its third instalment with an exciting line-up of special events and performances from internationally celebrated artists. From May 11 – 21, 2018, the WeeFestival will feature over ten productions by acclaimed companies specializing in theatre for the very young from South Africa, Italy, Germany, France, Quebec, and Ontario. Each show has been created with the emotional and social developmental needs and interests of young children ages 0 to 6 and are presented in intimate venues to ensure every child is close to the action and fully immersed in the experience.
Reporting to the Artistic Director and Festival Producer, the Associate Producer | Development & Marketing will be responsible for managing and executing the Festival Development, Marketing and Communication plans and strategies. The Associate Producer will be in a public-facing capacity with partners, stakeholders, and the media. They will be responsible for effectively communicating the Festival’s programming offer. They will foster relationships with appropriate commercial and non-commercial partners to promote festival events and reach new audiences.
- Ensure fulfilment of commitments to partners and sponsors, including recognition and ad buys
- Manage cross-promotion agreements
- Manage festival media strategy, including pitching to media outlets
- Liaise with the Social Media Coordinator and collaborating on content creation
- Coordinate the creation and production of the Festival’s promotional merchandise and marketing materials, including the digital Festival Programme
- Observe consistency in branding and aesthetic across festival materials
- Liaise with Box Office and Festival Venue Hosts
- Support smooth execution of fundraising, opening night, and other special festival events
- passion for arts and culture and understanding of the WeeFestival
- Completion of degree/diploma in Communications, Marketing, and/or related field.
- Minimum 1 year relevant work experience assisting with social media, marketing, communications, public relations, and customer service.
- Experience writing communications and creating promotional materials for multiple platforms.
- Experience in brand development and managing brand aesthetic.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite and Office Applications.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Research ability to compile reports and interpret data.
- Excellent client service focus.
- Must be able to work under pressure and coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Photography and event coordination skills an asset.
Contract fee: $5500.00 (275 hours)
February 60 hours
March-April 140 hours
May 1-May 25 75 hours
(Must be available full-time during festival dates (May 11-21st, 2018).
Start Date: February 5, 2018
Application deadline: 5pm on Monday January 22, 2018
Interviews by phone: February 1st & 2nd, 2018 after 3:30pm
Please submit your updated CV and availability for interview dates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by: Theatre Direct
For more information: http://www.theatredirect.ca/