Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Senior Communications Manager will be responsible for media relations related to the Toronto International Film Festival, and year-round programming as assigned.
- Manage and oversee all communications and media relations efforts, including strategy and execution, for the Toronto International Film Festival.
- The person in this role will act as the head of the Festival’s Press Office in 2016 and will oversee: media accreditation, publicist support, seasonal staffing and scheduling of communications activities related to the Festival
- Organize and oversee press events in the lead up to and during the Festival including press conferences, red carpets and photo calls
- Write and edit external and internal documents, including communications plans, press releases, key messages, briefing notes and speaking remarks
- Cultivate relationships with media at the local, national and international levels.
- Liaise with studios, distributors and external publicists
- Oversee one full-time direct report as well as a team of 20+ seasonal staff and volunteers during the Festival
- Manage communications efforts for year-round activities at TIFF Bell Lightbox as assigned
Contract Dates: June 29, 2015 to October 14, 2016 (maternity leave)
- A post secondary degree in communications, film or journalism and 7+ years experience
- Extensive media relations experience, ideally in the arts sector
- Supervisory, mentoring and/or coaching experience required
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral
- Established relationships with local, national and international entertainment media outlets and journalists
- Experience managing media events
- Exceptional organizational skills, along with a high level of professionalism & diplomacy
- Ability to handle high pressure situations
- Proven track record in dealing with high-profile talent
- Marketing experience an asset
- Fluency in other languages an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, résumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 12, 2015 BY EMAIL ONLY
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note Senior Communications Manager in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/join/careers/senior-communications-manager