Deadline: Friday January 17, 2020
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
SENIOR MANAGER, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
Reporting to and working closely with the Senior Director, Film, the Senior Manager, Festival Programming is accountable for activities relating to the overall planning, programming and execution of the Toronto International Film Festival and other departmental programming initiatives, including managing a team of full-time and seasonal staff.
- Completing background work for and executing internal elements of programming plans and new programming initiatives for the Toronto International Film Festival;
- Leading internally-focused new programming initiatives for the Festival;
- Support the development and programme plans for the Festival;
- Cultivate and manage external film stakeholder relationships;
- Track films and liaise with programmers throughout the film selection process, including managing the regular cadence of invitations;
- Manage the schedule process for the Festival;
- Oversee internal relationships with key departments leading up to the Festival, including Film Office, Audience & Community, Event Production, Marketing and Communications, Corporate Partnerships, and Facilities & IT;
- Manage full-time, seasonal and contract staff;
- Day-to-day management of Festival Programming department;
- Develop and present plans to the Senior Director, Film with regards to the department’s structure, processes, and budget
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Please submit a cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5pm on FRIDAY, JANUARY 17, 2020.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival, Inc.
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers