Application deadline: May 3, 2019
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most high profile and innovative musical ensembles at a pivotal moment in its history, with the appointment of Elisa Citterio as Music Director in the 2017-2018 Season.
We seek an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Production Manager to provide production and logistical leadership for Tafelmusik. The successful candidate manages production/technical/artistic logistics, budgets and staffing for the Toronto Season; provides tour and stage management expertise; executes production/technical planning in an OPAS environment; ensures safe working conditions for the artists; and oversees production/technical inventories and repairs/security of Tafelmusik properties. This role is ideal for a hard-working, seasoned team member who seeks further opportunity in Production/Technical Management. This position involves evening and weekend work and some travel, in line with orchestra and choir schedules.
Reporting to the Director of Artistic Administration and Operations, the Senior Production Manager works closely with the Music Director, Assistant to the Music Director, venues, contractors, presenters and staff to advance and fulfill all production/technical and artistic requirements for Tafelmusik’s Toronto Season (Mainstage, Close Encounters, Haus Musik, Choir rehearsals and performances; recordings; education, artist training and community engagement events; Tafelmusik Baroque Summer and Winter Institutes; auditions), including staging, lighting, sound, instrument and equipment transfers, tuning and staffing. He/she creates and manages all production expense budgets, attending to monthly tracking, year-end estimates, invoices and reconciliations with rigor and fiscal responsibility. He/she executes all production/logistical documentation and artist communications with efficiency, clarity, accuracy and attention to detail. He/she attends to production/technical planning, schedules and records through the OPAS system, envisioning and developing new protocols for a fast-paced, high-volume production milieu. He/she provides tour and stage management expertise for provincial tours and runouts; ensures a safe and productive working environment for the artists; oversees and maintains production/technical inventories; supervises repairs and security for Tafelmusik-owned instruments, properties and work spaces; and supports the Operations Department as required.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized, energetic and collaborative professional, who has:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ production/technical management experience in a performing arts setting (music a definite asset)
- Related post-secondary degree or diploma
- Proven track record in managing multiple projects, details, budgets and deadlines with high professional standards, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent budget, account management, forecasting and reconciliation skills
- Strong proficiency with sound, lighting and other technical systems
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, production/technical software and tools; familiarity with OPAS an asset
- Tour coordination/management and/or stage management experience
- An adaptable personality who can think proactively and problem-solve in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- An effective and caring ambassador for artists and other stakeholders
- A high level of personal and professional integrity
Competitive salary, based on experience
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting a full letter of application and current CV, not later than May 3, 2019 to:
Director of Artistic Administration and Operations
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir
427 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 1X7
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.