Deadline: January 26, 2020
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a stunning ten-acre site at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world by curating thousands of events annually across its ten-acre site from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to sailing lessons. There is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre, year-round.
Summary of Function:
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Production, the Senior Technical Coordinator is responsible for the technical elements of Harbourfront Centre’s main building, The Artport, and surrounding outdoor venues.
Harbourfront Centre operates a ten-acre site that encompasses five theatres – Fleck Dance Theatre (capacity 446), Harbourfront Centre Theatre (capacity 350), Studio Theatre (capacity 196), Brigantine Room (cabaret-style 250), and Lakeside Terrace (theatre 250); and various alternative multi-purpose spaces for presentations, workshops, school classes, camps and other activities. Outdoor stages include the large amphitheater-style Concert Stage (1300 seated, 3500 standing), the smaller Stage in the Round and summer music concerts in the Toronto Music Garden. The site also includes two art galleries; six working craft and design studios; various alternative exhibition spaces; and the central public spaces, Canada Square and Ontario Square.
The Senior Technical Coordinator will support the Production Coordinator team as needed for technical advance for all events and performances taking place in the Artport Building and in the various outdoor venues.
Specific duties/support functions to include:
- develop the technical plan and schedule for each festival or event;
- design lighting and sound, determine artistic backline, devise show and crew schedule;
- advise production and programming staff on technical riders and production estimates;
- oversee and support technical crews during festival and events; perform minor repairs as necessary;
- and establish and maintain effective working relationship with representatives of various program partners, companies and cultural groups, artists, vendors, and co-workers.
For instruction on how to apply and full job description please go to http://jobs.harbourfrontcentre.com/
Posted by: Harbourfront Centre
For more information: http://jobs.harbourfrontcentre.com/