- Manages and overseas 3 phases of entertainment: creation, production, execution
- Leads deliverables within above 3 phases within a timeline and budget given
- Works on shows performed locally and internationally (on tour)
- Prepares internal briefs, RFP documents, proposals
- Liaisons and collaborates with the artistic team, artists, suppliers, creatives, vendors
- Executes events/shows/tours in Canada and Abroad
- Gathers the project requirements and builds the project plan with all details
- Creates and manages the constraints of the project: budget, timeline, scope, and quality
- Acts as the main contact person between the project team, suppliers and client
- Identifies and monitors any risks, issues and changes within the project
- Communicates effectively with team members to ensure they are aware of current projects, the advancement of work and project directions
- Regularly gauges team moral (finding cause of any issues and implement relevant solutions)
- Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working experience in event management or project management or advertising/marketing (or similar) is mandatory.
- Experience in performing arts management, theatre, or film is a definite asset
- Passion for performing arts, event management and show business is necessary!
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Previous experience in budgeting, scheduling, and organization is required
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer competence (MAC - pages, keynote, numbers, sales software)
- Works well under pressure, thrives in fast-paced environments
- Understands the value of working with others and the importance of maintaining a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (arts management/business administration/project managament) or equivalent
- International travel will be required, a valid passport is a must
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Evening and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the requirements for this position. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Please email your resume and cover letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Show and Tour Specialist.
No phone calls please.
Posted by: Creativiva Inc.
For more information: https://www.creativiva.com/