Application Deadline: June 3, 2021 at 5pm
Start Date: June 14, 2021 to September 17, 2021 (14 weeks at 20 hours / week) Salary: $20 / hour
Contract type: part-time employment contract
This is a remote position: candidates must have access to a computer and a reliable internet connection.
Dusk Dances welcomes and will prioritize hiring youth who self-identify as being part of underrepresented groups including IBPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, disabled, and/or any other minority, to join our team.
About Dusk Dances
Dusk Dances is an outdoor dance festival that brings dance to public parks. As dusk descends, a theatrical host leads the audience to an array of unique dance pieces that unfold in different areas of the park. In 2021, Dusk Dances will celebrate its 27th season.
The pandemic has had a profound impact on Dusk Dances. In 2021, live performances in the parks won’t be possible and we are therefore preparing our second virtual edition, that will premiere in October 2021. Our projects this summer will include a series of outdoor screenings that will showcase the virtual edition to a small audience, accompanied by a live band, a host and a live dance performance.
About the position
We are looking forward to welcoming a dynamic and motivated Social Media Coordinator to our team who can help us take our social media presence and digital communication to a new level.
The Social Media Coordinator will report to the General Manager and will also work closely with the Festival Director and Communication Manager. The Social Media Coordinator will manage all Dusk Dances social media channels, cross promotion and outreach activities for the 2021 season.
This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible the candidate must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive), a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or officially registered Refugee and legally entitled to work.
We would be delighted to hear from you if this is you:
• You are passionate about arts and / or dance.
• You work well in a fast-paced and open-concept environment and adapt easily.
• You love social media and have experience managing social media (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) for companies / organizations.
• You speak and write well in English and French. (Knowledge of French is not a strict requirement but is desirable.)
• You are creative and like trying and thinking up new ideas, new trends and new approaches.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You can prioritize, respect deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks.
About your tasks and responsibilities
You will work closely with a small team, participate in production meetings and meetings with our licensing partners in Ontario. You will be present at the virtual premiere of Dusk Dances 2021, as well as at the outdoors screenings to capture photos, testimonials and provide support as required.
If you have other skills to offer such as being able to help with sponsorships, donors or office tasks, this is also an asset, and we would discuss these opportunities with you.
• In partnership with the General Manager and Festival Director developing the social media strategy for the Dusk Dances 2021 season.
• Creating content for social media campaigns, including posts, stories, events and images. • Communicating with artistic and community partners to engage in cross-promotion and outreach activities.
• Gathering footage at outdoor screening events including photos, surveys, and testimonials.
• Supporting marketing and communication plans for the full 2021 season. • Assisting with donor campaign and donor’s stewardship.
• Supporting the film production and outdoor screenings.
• Assisting with a variety of communication activities.
• Assisting with the dissemination of promotional/marketing materials.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com (with “Social media coordinator application” in the subject line) by June 3, 2021 at 5pm.
Interviews will take place from June 4 to June 10, 2021.
All applicants will be contacted.
Name: Marketa Tokova