Scarborough Music Theatre is looking for a sound designer for their production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Honourarium of $300.00 for suitable candidate
- mic-ing facilitating the actors as best as possible without the use of body mics (shot-guns?) 9 Actors
- a few simple sound cues including 2 voice-overs
- let levels
- ability to keep the band at a dull roar (5 musicians - on a "stage" built upstage of our thrust)
- ability to have some singing and dialogue in the house
- 2 live desk miss
- 1 live standing mic. (all 3 cordless I hope)
- flexibility to add body mics if needed
Sound Equipment Details
Scarborough Village Theatre is a 248 seat thrust theatre located 3600 Kingston Rd. (at Markham Rd) in Scarborough. We have the following equipment:
- 4 powered quad cabling Mackie speakers already hanging from the lighting grid.
- New digital sound mixer, The Behringer X32
- 8 body mics (headset and pack) only 4 are working and they are in questionable shape. We usually rent any mics we're going to use.
- 5 Shotgun mics. 9" (or possibly 15”)
- A 16 channel snake. 12 inputs, 4 sends.
- A booth Tannoy speaker which picks up a piezo mic over the stage, and backstage monitor speakers, but without separate paging capability.
We have a rental agreement with Long & McQuade at 1133 Markham Rd (at Ellesmere) for any equipment that needs to be rented.
We usually rent 2 extra speakers to give better coverage to the back/side audiences and a monitor which feeds to the stage with the orchestra for the cast.
Time Commitment for Sound Designer
- Sun Jan 24 9am - Move-in to the theatre. Once in the theatre, sound designer can work at their convenience day or evening.
- Sun Jan 31 1pm-5pm - Cue to cue
- Mon Feb 01 7:30pm-10:30pm - First tech run*
- Tues Feb 02 7:30pm-10:30pm - Dress run
- Wed Feb 03 7:30pm-10:30pm - Dress run*
- Feb 20th - Following closing matinee – strike the set, load the truck, unload the truck at unit
*With full orchestra
If you are able/interested in running the sound board during the show, that's great, but not essential. - we have a volunteer in place who is available should our sound designer be unavailable to run sound during performances and dress runs.
Show Dates and Times
Feb 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19
Feb 7, 14, 20
If interested, please email our producer
Posted by: Scarborough Music Theatre