The Seams Collective is seeking a non-union stage manager for its upcoming workshop production of Seams, by Polly Phokeev, at the 2015 Paprika Festival.
Seams is a memory play set in Moscow in 1939, and follows the lives of five seamstresses and one seamster in the Kamerny Theatre in the first months of the Second World War. It is framed by the memories of an old woman, Frosya, who now lives in Canada and spends her days reminiscing about the past.
We will present a 60-minute workshop production of Seams in May as part of the Paprika Festival, in the Projects Under 30 category. Then we return to the rehearsal hall for a full production, details to be confirmed, in August/September.
- Mondays, from February 16th to March 30th, 7-11pm AND
- Mondays and Thursdays, from April 2nd to April 30th, 7-11pm.
Our performance week is:
2 shows between May 4th and May 10th (exact dates TBC)
1. Maintain the most up-to-date copy of the play. Manage the script’s constant changes over the rehearsal process: lines that change based on actors, script changes sent/given by the writer, adjustments made by the director.
2. Record blocking and document the artistic and design process, and the discoveries made each rehearsal for future reference, to send to our creative team.
3. Work with the creative team to schedule rehearsal calls as needed (based on your best judgment of accomplishing what we set out to do, making sure we get things done), and sending out these rehearsal calls to the cast and creative team.
4. Being the main contact for the cast in terms of any scheduling issues or conflicts,and being in contact with the producer with any such information.
5. Creating the prompt book with the director, working with the tech to set cues during tech, and calling the show for our Paprika performances.
We are currently gathering funds to pay our cast and crew, but at this point we cannot guarantee money for the workshop performance. We will, however, be offering pay for the full production later this year.
Interested parties please forward your resume and a few words about yourself to Elizabeth Stuart-Morris at email@example.com. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Posted by: Seams Collective
For more information: