Flash in the Deadpan Productions is seeking a highly organized, experienced Stage Manager with a strong work ethic and a quirky sense of humour to join the fun which is The Joy of Sax!
In the new genre of saxploitation comedy, The Joy of Sax is a 60-minute play about an aspiring musician who makes spectators euphoric by playing the saxophone and quickly finds his talent exploited by a shameless agent, an obsessive landlord, and a diverse collection of insatiable fans. We are excited that The Joy of Sax will premiere on stage at this summer's Toronto Fringe Festival!
As the Stage Manager on this production, duties include but are not limited to:
- Consulting with producer on resource requirements (people, props, equipment)
- Attending all production meetings
- Coordinating auditions with producer and director
- Scheduling rehearsals with director
- Maintaining an easily understandable prompt book
- Organizing all technical rehearsals
- Calling lighting and sound cues
- Assisting in set-up and strike for each performance
- Working closely with director, producer and actors to ensure the vision for the play is maintained through multiple performances
Performance Dates: July 4th-15th, 2018
Interested? Email your resume to Tim at email@example.com by Monday, March 5th.
Posted by: Flash in the Deadpan Productions