YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the position of Studio Technician, reporting to the Director of Production and Technical Director.
This is a contract position consisting of a minimum of (12) weeks, starting mid-September, 2018. This is a unionized position represented by I.A.T.S.E. Local #58.
• Supervise and coordinate crews during installation, strike, and other work sessions in the YPT Studio.
• Support installations, strikes, and other work sessions in the YPT Main Space as required.
• Organize materials, equipment and crew to facilitate the execution of YPT productions and studio rentals.
• Ensure the general cleanliness, maintenance, and safe working conditions of the studio space and equipment.
• Support rehearsals and show runs, including operation of lighting and audio equipment.
• Perform maintenance as required.
• Attend production and staff meetings as required.
• Supervise and instruct staff in the proper use of theatrical and safety equipment.
• Work evenings and weekends during tech periods and show runs.
• Participate and/or teach through YPT’s educational programming as per the requirement addressed in the collective agreement with IATSE Local 58 and YPT.
• Graduate of a recognized theatre training program.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as theatre technician, preferably with experience as a venue technician.
• Knowledge of stage craft, scenic carpentry, stage electrics, and audio.
• Knowledge of theatrical rigging is an asset.
• Knowledge and show experience with the ETC Express console and Qlab 3 software is an asset.
• Ability to perform physical tasks, including lifting, carrying, and work on ladders.
• Ability to read technical drawings. Familiarity with Vectorworks is an asset.
• Strong belief in collaboration in the work place, especially for the purpose of education.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to: email@example.com
Applications for consideration must be received by August 22, 2018.
YPT thanks all applicants but will respond only to those selected for an interview.
Posted by: Young People's Theatre
For more information: https://www.youngpeoplestheatre.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/YPT-Studio-Technician-Job-Posting-2018.pdf