Deadline 5pm on Wednesday, March 6, 2019
SUBMISSIONS ASSISTANT Contract, Full-time, Film Office
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
• Receiving, processing and cataloguing all Festival submissions, including creating and maintaining accurate database records
• Communicating with submitters, providing information, and troubleshooting advice as necessary
• Ensuring that solicited submissions are directed to the appropriate member of the Programming team in a timely manner
• Facilitating established submission processes and workflows amongst Submissions and Programming staff
• Creating and disseminating official notification letters
• Assisting the Film Office Coordinator with other duties as required
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including a keen eye for detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with a focus on phone manner and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle difficult situations with aplomb and grace
• Experience using relational databases (Artifax experience is an asset, but is not required)
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit a cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/