Contract, Full-time /Seasonal
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of: Summer Camp Counsellor
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELLOR
TIFF’s Summer Camps offer hands-on Film Camps aimed to provide children the opportunity to explore the art of filmmaking in a fun, educational, safe and inclusive environment. Campers will be encouraged to create innovative stories and immersive experiences that empower and educate. Camp focuses on working together as a collective, teaching frameworks and developing the skills to produce their own films and recognizing their own voice. Film has tremendous power to create change and inspire ideas that start with an action. Please join us this summer at the TIFF Bell Lightbox for a wide range of day camps, designed for ages 8 – 17 led by film industry professionals.
TIFF Summer Camps are supported by the Slaight Family Foundation.
Reporting to the Summer Camp Coordinator, Summer Camp Counsellors will participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, including daily programmes, field trips, workshops & special events. Summer Camp Counsellors will also be responsible for executing a variety of camp based activities, including but not limited to: games, crafts, projects, special events, science experiments, and special film projects. Summer Camp Counsellors will oversee the care and safety of children attending, and ensure that camp is a positive and inclusive experience for all.
• Assist TIFF Learning team, Facilitators, Summer Camp Coordinator and Coordinator, School & Family Programmes in camp programming
• Acts as a positive role model for children, youth & fellow staff
• Works to maintain a positive, safe, and inclusive environment for participants
• Responsible for the supervision and safety of campers
• Plan, organize, and implement camp games and activities
• Participate enthusiastically in camp activities, including daily programmes, field trips, workshops & special events and special film projects
• Prepare materials and clean up
• Other duties as required
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
• June 25 to August 10, 2018
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/