The Marketing/Communications Summer Student role represents an opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic performing arts organization.
Paid contract dates: July 2, 2018 through August 31, 2018
KEY RESULTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the organization’s Marketing & Communications activities
• Assist with Graphic Design layout needs for print and digital
• Assist with neighbourhood distribution of posters and flyers
• Assist with the collection and updating of event listings on third-party platforms
• Assist with organizing media information packages and other communications materials to media, arts community, funders and stakeholders
• Research and compile information for niche community outreach for upcoming productions
• Assist with photo tagging and media archiving
• Other duties as may be required
To be eligible to participate, in accordance with the terms of the Canada Summer Jobs program funding terms, the individual must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
• be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
This paid position is pending approval of support through the Canada Summer Jobs program and will be confirmed shortly.
• Strong knowledge of performing arts media, practical understanding of graphic design.
• A passion for performing arts
• Proficient use of graphic design programs, such as InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver is an asset
• Comfort with the technical requirements of updating websites using a Content Management System
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills
• Self-starter, detail oriented, adaptable to a flexible work schedule
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
see website for full details: https://www.soulpepper.ca/about-us/work-with-us
Posted by: Soulpepper Theatre Company
For more information: https://www.soulpepper.ca/about-us/work-with-us