Theatre Gargantua is hiring two post-secondary students for the roles of Publicity and Community Relations Coordinator and Producing Assistant.
We are celebrating 25 years of creating award-winning productions that combine dynamic physicality, innovative designs and provocative text to tell original stories. Our productions have been presented on some of Toronto’s most prestigious stages include the Royal Alexandra Theatre, toured the UK and headlined the Portland Performing Arts Festival. We are currently developing a production which will premiere at Theatre Passe Muraille this fall, and a SideStream Cycle which will have a limited workshop presentation at the Summerworks Festival.
Role and Responsibilities
Working with the Producer, the producing assistant will receive on-the-job mentoring and experience in producing independent theatre and managing an independent theatre company. The Producing Assistant will assist with producing and community relations work for the upcoming season; including:
• Assist the Producer in frundraising and donation acquisitions
• Research potential new funding partners - foundations & corporate, artists liaison, contracts, etc
• Assist with industry outreach for upcoming productions
• Assist with preparation of education support material
• Assist with maintaining company database
• Assist with Special Event planning
• Assist with operation of the production office
Publicity and Outreach Coordinator
Working with the Producer, the individual will receive on-the-job mentoring and experience in producing independent theatre and managing an independent theatre company. The Publicity and Community Relations Coordinator will assist with the planning and execution of our marketing and publicity for productions and community outreach programs for the upcoming season; specifically:
• Assist with the promotion of productions and programs
• Assist in creation and/or editing of media/video elements of new productions.
• Research audience trends and new ways to engage audience and participants
• Assist with copy-writing for newsletters and outreach material
• Assist with the maintenance and updates to the company website.
Candidates must have been enrolled in school in the past year and have the intention of returning as a student in the fall, and be between 18 and 30 years of age.
View Application Instructions HERE
Posted by: Theatre Gargantua
For more information: http://theatregargantua.ca/producing-internships/