Deadline: Monday June 8th, 2020
With the support of Canada Summer Jobs, SIA is seeking two "Facilitator – Summer Programming" and one "Summer Programming Coordinator" to support safe, fun, and accessible roving performing arts programs for kids and families in northwest Toronto.
Roving programs will include:
- Digital performing arts workshops;
- Workshops to be done in squares outside local high-rise building (encouraging physically-distant balcony participation from local youth and families)
- Local backyard workshops, upon request from community members
Dates: June 22nd – August 14th, 2020
Hours: Flexible, Monday to Friday, day-time and part-time (16-22 hrs/wk)
*applicants receiving the CERB may be eligible depending on continuation or changes to that program*
The successful candidate will:
- Be between 15-30 years of age
- Be able to commit to the full term of employment
- Have some experience developing and leading performing arts programming for children and youth (Facilitator)
- Have some experience stage managing, production managing, or producing performing arts events (Programming Coordinator)
- Be able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check
- Candidates will work remotely and in-person depending on how Public Health advice and restrictions develop in the coming month. SIA will ensure any in-person work environment is safe, healthy, and follows Public Health advice.
Additional assets include:
- A passion for theatre and arts education
- A passion for community-engaged art
- Additional performing arts skills (dance, music, circus, etc)
- First Aid training
- Ability to think on your feet
- Ability to have fun while working hard
Shakespeare in Action is committed to employment equity, and encourages applications from qualified candidates who reflect the cultural diversity of our community in Weston-Mount Dennis, and/or those who have familiarity with the needs and lived experience of young people in northwest Toronto.
All applicants contacted for an interview (and all interested applicants who request so) will receive an update on SIA’s past and ongoing steps to ensure our space and organization is safe, equitable, and inclusive.
SIA may adjust all programming to digital platform depending on Public Health restrictions and advice.
Applicants are asked to send a resume and cover letter to David at email@example.com by Monday June 8th with the subject line “POSITION – Summer Programming.”
Posted by: Shakespeare in Action
For more information: https://www.shakespeareinaction.org/