Listing Body: The Summer Program Coordinator is an opportunity to experience, learn from and support multiple departments across the organization and gain hands-on experience in the operations of a leading professional theatre environment. With escalating responsibility, the Coordinators will be responsible for planning and managing projects, while being mentored and supported for success. This is a great introductory level experience for those considering a professional career in the arts.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Successful applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 years of age at the start of employment.
Key Results & Responsibilities:
These positions will have rotations to support multiple departments on key projects during their time with the company. These projects will be determined in conversation with the Coordinators to ensure clear expectations, recommended approaches, and support in achieving success.
• Assist with planning and coordination of training and education programs, including the Soulpepper Academy
• Support production projects, preparing spaces for the return to in-person performances
• Support fundraising events and efforts
• Assist season planning with research, planning, communications and logistics support
• Support the maintenance the company’s website
• Contribute creatively to the department’s marketing and communications plans
• Support community outreach and audience development strategies
• Other duties as may be required
Knowledge & Skills:
• A passion for the performing arts
• Good judgement and the ability to problem solve
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, tact, and diplomacy
• Strong planning, organizational, and time-management skills
• A valid driver’s license is an asset
• Comfortable with physical production work if required
• Understanding of social media platforms and familiarity with graphic design programs
• Comfortable with the technical requirements of updating websites using a Content Management System
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
• Interest in community engagement and audience development
Contract begins July 5th, 2021.
To view full job posting, please visit: https://www.soulpepper.ca/about/work-with-us