Tarragon Theatre is seeking a part-time Administrator (2.5 days/week) to begin in August 2018.
Tarragon Theatre creates, develops and produces new Canadian plays and provides the conditions for that new work to thrive through high-quality development, production and administrative infrastructure. The theatre trains and supports new generation, emerging and established artists through extensive residencies, flexible play development programs and substantial producing capabilities. To complement its new creations, Tarragon presents new plays from across Canada, revives significant Canadian plays, and produces international work, both contemporary and classical. The theatre has active education/outreach programs. With a budget of over $2.5 million, Tarragon produces a ten-month season of seven to eight productions in its two theatres, and occasionally tours. Its studios and Extraspace are used extensively by the arts community for the creation and production of new work.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Administrator is responsible for supporting the administrative functions of the theatre as outlined below. The successful candidate will collaborate with all staff and artists engaged by the theatre.
- Drafting and distributing contracts for playwrights, directors and actors, often in communication with agents.
- Completing and distributing royalty reports to playwrights.
- Managing and maintaining all office supplies and equipment.
- Where appropriate, acquiring and managing service contracts for the theatre’s office equipment (telephone, photocopier, ticketing system, IT servicing).
- Liaising with all artists’ association as required to maintain Tarragon’s good standing, e.g. CAEA, Re-Sound, SOCAN and PGC.
- Booking travel and accommodations for artists.
- Ongoing liaising with the bookkeeper on the weekly needs of the theatre.
- Regular banking deposits and department credit card reconciliations.
- Creating and tracking invoices and artists’ payments.
- Grant-writing and grant preparation support.
- Coordinating the IT needs for the theatre and staff.
- Applying for city permits and licenses.
- Providing support to other staff as required in the fulfillment of the theatre’s administrative needs/functions.
- A diploma in arts management, theatre, or equivalent experience in a performing arts organization.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit arts environment and a keen interest in the contemporary Canadian theatre community.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro, with the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to set priorities, take initiative, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adjust the work-schedule when required to work evenings and/or weekends. - A sense of humour and barbecuing skills are definite assets!
Salary: $20,000 + benefits
Deadline for applications is June 15, 2018.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with references by email to Andrea Vagianos, Managing Director, Tarragon Theatre, firstname.lastname@example.org, 30 Bridgman Avenue, Toronto, ON M5R 1X3.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Tarragon Theatre, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Tarragon, please visit our website: www.tarragontheatre.com