Through the generous assistance of TD Bank, the Toronto Fringe is seeking an ambitious, producer-in-training to become part of the Fringe team from the end of February to the beginning of August 2017 (total 24 weeks).
The TD Emerging Producer will work directly with the Managing Director on all aspects of festival preparation. The position is a full-time, paid internship and is available to candidates with less than 3 years related experience.
At the Fringe, we believe that the best way to learn is on the job and the TD Emerging Producer will manage their own projects with careful supervision and guidance from senior staff. Some of those projects include:
- Assisting with the logistics and management of the Fringe Club
- Assisting with all venue and artist relations
- Coordinating with all departments within the Fringe in the lead up and throughout the Festival
- Being present and maintaining the Fringe Club during festival dates (July 5 – 16, 2017)
The Emerging Producer will receive training in:
- task and project management
- event management
- festival structure and organization
- finance and budgeting
- use of box office and ticketing management system
- be particularly focused on developing and administrative career in theatre
- want continued training in theatre producing and arts administration (this funding is intended to support emerging producers)
- have overall knowledge of theatre in Canada, and of the Fringe movement, and have an opinion about the role of the arts in modern society
- be eager to learn in a busy environment
- be able to work independently when required
- demonstrate ambition, a willingness to learn, the ability to work hard, a passion for and commitment to the value of performing arts
Applications with a resume and cover letter should only be submitted by environmentally friendly email to firstname.lastname@example.org as attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. PLEASE IDENTIFY THE JOB POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE.
Submission Deadline: Monday December 5th by 5pm
Interviews: December 12-16, 2016.
Contract dates: Monday February 27, 2017 until Friday August 11, 2017
Read more here: http://fringetoronto.com/contact-and-about-us/jobs/
Posted by: Toronto Fringe
For more information: http://fringetoronto.com/contact-and-about-us/jobs/