Canada’s National Ballet School is currently accepting applications for the Full-Time position of TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Reporting to the Production & Theatre Operations Manager, in a collaborative team environment, the Technical Director provides expertise and leadership for a diverse range of productions and events (internal and external) for Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS). The ideal candidate is a team builder who demonstrates exceptional technical production skills along with excellent people and communications skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities </st
• Develop a skilled, expert theatre crew by communicating job expectations, planning, providing technical expertise, giving direction and support and monitoring performance.
• Maintain the safe operation of the Theatre and other NBS presentation spaces through regular equipment maintenance/repairs, communicating/monitoring safe work practices for theatre staff and performers.
• Provide information/guidance to clients, in collaboration with the Venue Rentals Manager.
• Maintain records of theatrical equipment by updating technical theatre package inventories and technical drawings in conjunction with the Production & Theatre Operations Manager.
• Contribute to the development/updating of Theatre policies/procedures by keeping current with developments in the industry (e.g. new technologies, training standards, general work practices).
• Post-secondary education in a related program with a 3+ years hands-on production experience.
• Good knowledge of theatre production aspects including lighting, sound, rigging, staging & set elements, dance floors, health & safety, current codes and legislation as they apply to the theatre
• Good organizational and scheduling skills complemented by demonstrated leadership skills.
• Ability to read and manipulate scale drawings. (Vectorworks an asset)
• Ability to oversee budgets
Qualified applicants should send resumes with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Technical Director – September 2017” in the subject line of your email by September 18, 2017*.
For a full job description, visit Technical Director
Posted by: Canada's National Ballet School/Betty Oliphant Theatre
For more information: http://www.nbs-enb.ca/about-nbs/career-opportunities-at-nbs