Deadline July 25, 2019
Full time, Salary
• In conjunction with the Director of Production, works with designers, directors and Production department staff to ensure that all productions are realized to the highest artistic standard, within the restraints of schedules and budget.
• Manages staff in all technical areas and venues.
• Manages budgets for technical areas in consultation with the Director of Production.
• Manages scenic bid process.
• In conjunction with Director of Production, develops season technical schedule.
• Acts as a liaison with stage management for production notes, and for the smooth transition of set from shops to technical rehearsal.
• Creates and maintains technical documentation, CAD drawings, and other records as necessary for each production or presentation.
• Ensures compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations within areas under the supervision of the Production Department.
• Maintains a production quality of the highest standard.
• Evening and weekend work is required for this position.
• Minimum of eight years professional experience as a Technical Director.
• Minimum of three years professional experience supervising in a unionized stage environment.
• Knowledge of structural and mechanical construction for the stage, both materials and techniques, including welding, rigging and painting.
• Thorough knowledge of lighting, sound, and video.
• Knowledge of QLAB.
• Experience fulfilling technical and touring riders and/or touring of productions.
• Experience with a variety of types of live performance including theatre, dance, and music.
• Ability to read and produce technical drawings and schematics.
• Knowledge and practical experience using AutoCAD.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines and a positive attitude while working under pressure.
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to Elissa Horscroft, Director of Production at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25, 2019. Please indicate Application for Technical Director in the subject field.
Posted by: Canadian Stage
For more information: https://www.canadianstage.com/Online/default.asp