Submission deadline Monday, March 25th
POSITION TITLE:Technical Director - Shakespeare in High Park (TD-SiHP)
STATUS: Full time - Contract - May 6 – August 11
SALARY RANGE: $800-$1000/wk
**FULL LISTING ON : https://www.canadianstage.com
The Technical Director (TD-SiHP) is a member of the Production Department and reports to the Director of Production. The TD is responsible for the technical elements, schedules, and budgets of Canadian Stage’s presentation of Shakespeare in High Park. The TD supervises the work of the IATSE crew heads, Production Assistant/Driver, and/or other production personal as may be engaged from time to time. The TD-SiHP will, when appropriate work in conjunction with the Canadian Stage Technical Director to together support Shakespeare in High Park.
• Reports to the Director of Production
• Other members of the Production Department
• Other Canadian Stage departments
• Oversees completion of all technical elements of SiHP to Canadian Stage’s and designer’s satisfaction.
• Manages staff in all technical areas of the High Park Venue.
• Manages budgets for all scenic areas in consultation with the Director of Production.
• Oversees schedule for technical areas.
• Communicates with designers, directors, and stage management as necessary for troubleshooting and production continuity.
• Acts as a liaison with stage management for production notes, and for the smooth transition of set from shops to technical rehearsal.
• Oversee the installation of lighting and sound systems at the Park
• Oversee the install and set up of support areas such as dressing spaces etc
• Supervise the successful and timely load in of SiHP
• Ensures compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations within areas under the supervision of the Production Department.
• Maintains a production quality of the highest standard.
• Be present for all performances during contract
• Be the senior onsite representative of the Canadian Stage Technical Management Team
• Evening and weekend work is required for this position.
• Create and modify CAD drawings.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Production.
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to Elissa Horscroft, Director of Production at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 25th. Please indicate “Application for Technical Director – SiHP” in the subject field.
Posted by: Canadian Stage Company
For more information: https://www.canadianstage.com/