Deadline: May 30, 2021
Shadowland Theatre is looking for dynamic, creative people who are enthusiastic about outdoor, community-engaged theatre, puppetry, and multi-disciplinary arts for our summer programming.
Employment Period: July to early September. Full-time but flexible, may include some evenings and weekends.
You must be aged 18 to 30 and legally entitled to work in Canada, unfortunately temporary residents (such as international students) are not eligible under this program.
8 weeks at 35 hours/week, or equivalent. Pay rate: $16/hr.
Please note: Due to Covid-19 there may be some adjustment necessary to the schedule. We will ensure that our working conditions adhere to all safety protocols and government guidelines.
Remote work may be necessary although we are hoping to work primarily in-person.
We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, especially from members of Indigenous communities.
Theatre Arts Production Assistant will focus on all aspects of visual storytelling, community-engaged workshops and outdoor theatre performance, with potential modifications for Covid-19 circumstances.
- Optimistic attitude with passion for theatre, performing and multi-disciplinary arts
- Strong interest in all aspects of the creative process
- Commitment and ability to work with community participants of all ages
- Able to take initiative, work independently, and be an effective team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal, technical)
- Experience in making, performing, puppetry, stilt-walking or music are assets
- Proficiency with tools, including power tools, sewing machines etc. are assets
- Sense of humour and ability to ride a bike considered assets
- Participate in all aspects of the production and creative process
- Research and assist in developing themes and storylines
- Create costumes, props, puppets, lanterns and sets for outdoor theatre productions
- Collaborate with artistic directors, collaborating artists, and Indigenous teachers
- Design, support, and facilitate community workshops with participants of all ages
- Participate in production logistics, including scheduling, materials preparation, setup, strike, safety, studio maintenance.
- Assist with event planning, liaising with program participants and evaluation processes
Email your resume, cover letter and portfolio or other examples of your work to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2021.