Reporting to the Artistic Director and the General Manager, the Front of House and Tour Manager takes a leadership role in the coordination and execution of Driftwood Theatre’s Bard’s Bus Tour – a four week tour of “Theatre Under The Stars” across Ontario, reaching over 5000 audience members in more than 25 communities.
The Front of House and Tour Manager coordinates the travel, sleeping and eating arrangements for the company members while on tour, and managers all audience services, ensuring a safe, timely and enjoyable theatrical experience for Driftwood’s audience, donors, volunteers and partners.
Working Conditions and Environment
- This is part-time to full-time, seasonal position, with the requirement to travel with the company throughout the summer tour (July 15 – August 13)
- Driftwood Theatre operates in a “virtual office.” The Front of House and Tour Manager will be required to supply their own place of work prior to the tour dates, with regular face-to-face working sessions with other team members scheduled at a mutually convenient time and place.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Experience in and understanding of performing arts organizations, including at least 2 years of work experience and some degree of management/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to communicate and work productively with artists and theatrical staff.
- Ability to build positive relationships with a variety of organizational stakeholders.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Strong communications, speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have a valid “G” class license, a clean driving record, and be comfortable driving a small passenger bus.
For more details on the position and on applying, please click here: http://www.driftwoodtheatre.com/job-posting-tour-foh-manager/
Deadline to apply is Monday, March 6, 2017
Salary & Schedule
7 wks @ $650 (June 26 - August 13)
2 wks @ $325 (
Posted by: Driftwood Theatre Group
For more information: https://driftwoodtheatre.com