The Toronto Fringe is seeking an energetic and dedicated individual to become part of the Fringe team as the Visual Fringe Coordinator for the 2015 Fringe Festival.
Funding for this position is only available to individuals returning to school next year or a current student at any level, including Masters/PhD and diploma programs. The Visual Fringe Coordinator (VFC) will be contracted full-time from June 4-July 15, 2014.
The VFC will be supervised by the Office and Outreach Manager and will be responsible for:
Before the festival
- Primary liaison between Visual Fringe artists and the Toronto Fringe
- Assist with planning and logistics of the Visual Fringe and Fringe Club
- Create master Fringe Club binder
- General administrative support
- Assist with Fringe Club set up and load in
During the festival
- Responsible for, with the Fringe Club technician, technical aspects of The Fringe Club (lights/sound, special event set up, etc)
- Handle all Visual Fringe financial tracking
- Maintaining the safety and security of Fringe Club tents, exhibits and personnel during the Festival
After the festival
- Assist with Fringe Club strike
- A comprehensive written post mortem
- Be a student, or returning to school in the fall
- Be 25 years or younger
- Be interested in arts administration, visual and performing arts
- Possess working knowledge of theatrical sound and lighting equipment, including set up, strike, daily operation, and troubleshooting
- Be able to learn and work in a busy environment
- Be able to work independently
Applications with a resume and cover letter should only be submitted by environmentally friendly email to Lindsay Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org with attached Microsoft Word or PDF files. Please identify the job position you are applying for in the subject line. Inquiries can be made by telephone to 416-966-1062 x3.
Submission Deadline: Friday April 27th, 2015 by 5pm
Interviews: May 5-9th, 2014
Start Date: Wednesday June 4th, 2014
The Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Toronto Fringe:
Now in its 27th year, the Toronto Fringe provides creative opportunities for artists and audiences by producing two important festivals – the Toronto Fringe Festival and the Next Stage Th
Posted by: The Toronto Fringe Festival
For more information: http://fringetoronto.com/