Deadline Monday April 15th at 12:00pm (noon)
SummerWorks Performance Festival is widely recognized as one of the most important platforms for launching new work– locally, nationally and internationally. Every August, SummerWorks hosts artists and projects interested in continuously re-imagining and innovating the possibilities of performance while insisting on accessibility, integrity, and professionalism. The Festival this year runs from August 8 - 18th.
We're currently looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our team for the Festival season. An important part of the production team, they are responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling and other management of over 150 volunteers. They will also be responsible for arranging volunteer appreciation events, and seeking out volunteer specific sponsorships. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Festival Producer and Artistic and Managing Director.
This is a part time contract position, with the expectation of increased hours in July, and full time hours leading up to and during the Festival.
It is essential that the Volunteer Coordinator has:
- High level organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and juggle competing demands.
- The ability to think creatively and propose innovative ways to solve problems.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to quickly form relationships.
- Experience in volunteer management and/or front of house.
- The ability to think big-picture while paying attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
It is desirable that the Volunteer Coordinator has:
- Previous experience working with and coordinating volunteers.
- Knowledge of the goals and activities of SummerWorks
- Familiarity with SummerWorks’ venues and operations.
- A valid driver’s license.
For the full job description and details of how to apply visit the SummerWorks Website
Posted by: Summerworks Performance Festival
For more information: https://www.summerworks.ca/jointheteam