Deadline: 5PM, March 23, 2020
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), celebrating its 54th Season, is North America’s first and Canada’s largest professional theatre for young audiences. It produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of approximately 85,000+. Housed in a renovated historical venue in downtown Toronto, YPT has a 458-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio, and operates a year-round Drama School in four locations.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Webmaster/Graphic Designer will excel in print/digital media creation and website design/maintenance. Alongside YPT’s design agency of record, this position is responsible for creating visually compelling print and digital marketing collateral. Supported by an off-site IT consultant, this position fully maintains YPT’s website, adhering to the company's brand identity.
- Design and execute print and digital projects including advertising, web assets, print collateral etc.
- Develop and maintain intuitive, user-friendly and technically-efficient web pages
- Update website content and structure and enhance user interface
- Produce forms and related web pages to support marketing campaigns, web-based interactive communications and general programming
- With IT consultant, assist in maintaining website functionality and best web design practices
- A superior understanding of web design as it relates to e-commerce
- Adept at a variety of graphics and pre-press computer programs, especially Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced computer skills specific to graphic design and web-based technologies
- Experience with Sass, LESS framework and HTML5 Boilerplate preferred
- A firm grasp of SEO best practices, Custom Themeing in WordPress
Education & Experience:
- Graduate in post secondary computer science or related field such as visual, digital or graphic arts from accredited college or university.
- Minimum two years professional experience in graphic design, digital arts and web design/maintenance required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of full degree/diploma requirements.
See full job posting at about-ypt
Please submit cover letter and resumé by 5PM, March 23, 2020 to: email@example.com and refer to “SEARCH – WEBMASTER/GRAPHIC DESIGNER“ in subject line.
Posted by: Young People's Theatre
For more information: https://www.youngpeoplestheatre.org