Deadline: Oct 08, 2019
| Start Date: Immediately | Employee Benefits: Health, Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.) | Job Type: Full-time | Career Level: Middle management
Dancemakers is looking for a Production & Facilities Manager to assist in facilitating its own production needs as well as those of its studio renters when required, and managing Dancemakers Centre for Creation’s studio rentals. Reporting to the General Manager and overseeing the work of the Project Coordinator, the Production & Facilities Manager’s responsibilities are wide ranging. Please visit our web site for a detailed job description.
- Three to five years experience as a Production Manager in a multi-faceted performance space.
- Excellent working relationships with external suppliers and vendors.
- A professional, productive and positive attitude with a diverse groups of creative teams and artists, both professional and amateur.
- A high degree of knowledge and practical experience with theatre lighting and sound equipment.
- A clear understanding of rigging safety requirements.
- A collaborative worker who has excellent communication skills, the ability to be self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently, take initiative, supervise others, and is detail oriented.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have Working at Heights Ontario Certification, WHMIS Training, and First Aid and AED Certification.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV in one PDF document no later than Tuesday, October 8 , 2019 at 5 pm to dancemakersboard [at] gmail.com. Please reference “Dancemakers Production & Facilities Manager” in the subject line. Please note that applications will be reviewed as received, for an immediate start date.
No phone calls or visits please. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.
Dancemakers is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible and invisible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers.
Posted by: Dancemakers
For more information: http://dancemakers.org/work-with-us