Deadline: November 13th, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Contract Period: November 23rd, 2020 - June 30, 2021 (this is a part-time, flexible position with weekly hours TBD)
- Developing and executing our first ever fully online playwright’s unit in collaboration with
Tarragon’s Education and Community Engagement Manager
- Creating and Sharing the Submission Request for the Unit
- Answering Applicant Questions about the program
- Providing administrative support to participants with scheduling and attending online
- Managing the YPU’s program budget
- Guiding YPU participants’ online creation process (through one-on-one and group sessions) including :
○ Writing exercises
○ Prompts to further develop their work
○ Feedback opportunities
○ Facilitating conversations around each work
○ Providing dramaturgical support
- Hiring and contracting directors + actors in support of each playwright’s project
- Identifying opportunities for the YPU participants to connect with other artists/resources
in support of their projects
- Providing materials to help in the marketing of the online YPU final sharings
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about working with young artists
- Enjoy facilitating engaging conversations that deepen artists’ work
- Have an artistic practice and/or previous experience based in theatre creation, dramaturgy, or facilitation of a writing program for youth
- Be enthusiastic about curating play creation processes for an online experience
- Ask great questions that help artists develop their voice
- Be interested in providing administrative and creative support for the work of emerging artists
- Work well independently, while finding opportunities to collaborate with and connect artists to Tarragon Theatre
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a letter briefly outlining your vision for the program (one page max) and a resume in a single pdf by email to Danielle Bourgon (Education + Community Engagement Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is November 13th, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Tarragon Theatre values diversity in its workforce and invites applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, please do not hesitate to make a request. All accommodation requests and questions about the position/program can be directed to Danielle Bourgon, Education and Community Engagement
Manager at email@example.com.
Posted by: Tarragon Theatre
For more information: http://www.tarragontheatre.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/YPU-Unit-Lead-Description-.pdf