April 8 10:00am - 7:00pm
INDIE X brings together independent theatre, dance, and opera artists, arts managers, producers and companies in a spirit of collaboration to build strong networks between emerging and established members of the performing arts community.
Keynote speaker Marjorie Chan, Artistic Director of Cahoots Theatre, kicks off this year's INDIE X. The Keynote will be followed by four interactive panels:
- Interdisciplinary: Get FANCY! How can you and your company work to collaborate and engage multi disciplinary artists? A practical panel on interdisciplinary engagement models and making ART.
- Write? Produce? Establish your own company? Find out what it takes to self-produce from expert dramaturges and playwrights;
- Budgeting 101 Make budgeting fun and effective with a crash course in the essentials; and,
- DIY Marketing for Indie Artists How to create a successful brand to help support and nurture new audiences.
New at INDIE X this year!
- Speed IDEAting, an opportunity for creative minds to meet, share, and learn from others in the arts community through speedy 2 minute discussions. Fast-paced, creative minds, thought provoking talks. When was the last time you were on a date that good?
- Open Space, the perfect opportunity to post questions on topics that interest you! Freely move between groups and join in on conversations that stem from the experiences of all our INDIE X participants
- Participants will be able download the INDIE X Producer’s Toolkit that provides a range of practical resources including: contract & budget templates, marketing tips and a range of equipment providers.
The Agora, a Connections Forum, which offers participants a chance to chat with representatives from various cultural and government organizations along with independent business owners and services.
INDIE X closes with a cocktail reception Cinq à Sept generously supported by Big Rock Brewery. Enjoy $4 drinks and a room filled with Indie artists from across Toronto.
Come learn, network, and be inspired at the 2017 INDIE X
Indie X is presented by the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts.
Click HERE for the full Indie X schedule
- Online General Admission: $16.10 (incl. service fee & HST) Closes Friday April 7 at 5;00pm
- Same Day Registration at venue: $18.00 (incl. HST) cash only
INDIE X WORKING GROUP
Claire Burns, Scott Dermody, Brett Haynes, Aaron Jan, Jacoba Knaapen, Amanda Parker, Robert Sauvey and Kelly Straughan,
ABOUT INDIE X
Over two decades ago, The Indie Trade Forum was conceived as a two day conference focusing on challenges and issues specific to indie theatre producers. Over the years, the Indie Trade Forum morphed into the TAPA Trade Series which provides ongoing professional development to the full spectrum of TAPA members all year-long. Recognizing the shifting demographics and needs of the current indie environment, TAPA is proud to present the re-conceived version of the Indie Theatre Trade Forum - Indie X.
Logo design by Marie-Noëlle Hébert www.mnhebert.com