Dates: March 16 and 17, 2020
Open Studio: A Dance Studio Without Walls
Presented by Union Dance in collaboration with Fall for Dance North.
Catch a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the creation and rehearsal processes of new dance works, watch a professional company dance class or participate in one of our NEW public workshops within the unique context of a train station. Linger for 5 minutes or stay the whole day! All activities are FREE and take place in the West Wing, just west of the Great Hall.
Visit ffdnorth.com/openstudio for more info and workshop registration.
When: March 16+17
Where: Union Station
Monday March 16
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm Johnson/Perry Productions Rehearsing “TALENT/SHOW”, by Sabina Perry
- 4:30 – 7:00 pm HATAW Performing Arts Rehearsing “Gong Spirits”, “Ice Palaces” and “Kalipay” by Crista Aguinaldo
Tuesday March 17
- 8:00 – 8:30 am Early Morning Tai Chi Class with Eti Greenberg OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm MamaDances Parent Child Dance Workshop, with Jessica Runge OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
- 12:30 – 2:45 pm tiger princess dance projects Swallowing Clouds: Creative Arts & Movement Workshop OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
- 3:15 – 6:30 pm Norman Dance Company Rehearsing Chinese Classical Dance – Dun Huang, by Tia Lu
The Union and Fall for Dance North partnership continues into its fourth year to offer free public programming in one of Toronto’s most historic buildings. This partnership presents unique programming, specifically curated for Union Station, to bring you closer to where Toronto is going on the arts and cultural scene.
For more information: https://www.ffdnorth.com/openstudio