ISPA's Canadian Fellowship Program will provide three mid-career leaders from Canada’s performing arts community access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals. ISPA is now accepting applications for the 2016 Canadian Fellowship Program. The deadline to apply is Friday, July 31st at 17:00 EDT.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world's most significant presenting organizations, performing arts organizations, artist management agencies, cultural policy groups, foundations, festivals and related professionals. Please be aware in considering your application that the ISPA Congress is not a traditional arts market. This opportunity is intended for those working in the management of the performing arts.
The Canadian Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders who are interested in developing in their career through an extended engagement with ISPA.
In the first year of the program selected applicants will receive a full pass registration to the New York 2016 ISPA Congress (January 12-14, 2015), which includes:
- 2016 ISPA Membership including full access to all member benefits
- One full pass registration to the New York 2016 ISPA Congress, (January 11-14, 2016, which includes a one day arts management seminar prior to the congress)
- Up to 2,250 USD to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the New York 2016 Congress
- Option to receive full pass registration and up to $3,300 to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the Melbourne 2016 ISPA Congress (May 30-June 4, 2016). (If unused, to be held in trust for up to two years if deemed eligible for continued participation).
Selected applicants will also be paired with a current ISPA member through their participation in ISPA’s Community Building Program. Pending a successful review, candidates will be eligible to participate for up to two more years.
In year two, participants will receive a full pass registration to the New York 2017 ISPA Congress (January 9-12, 2017, again including a one day arts management seminar prior to the congress), 2,250 USD to assist with travel and accommodation expenses in related to attending the Congress, and 2017 ISPA Membership. Pending another successful review, participants can participate again in 2018. In the third year participants will receive the same benefits as listed for year two of the program. Dates for the New York 2018 Congress will be announced at a later date.
ISPA would like to thank the Canada Council for the Arts for making this program possible.
Who Should Apply?
Performing arts professionals who are deeply committed to advancing the field in a global context are most likely to benefit from the program. Those who take initiative in their professional development and enjoy engaging with a diverse group of individuals will be most successful in the program. Applicants should meet the following criteria listed below:
- Permanent Resident of Canadian citizen living in Canada
- Currently employed/working in the performing arts
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the arts
- Not currently a member of ISPA (nor have been one in the past three years) or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have not received an ISPA Fellowship in the past
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in ISPA for the next year at least, including the Fellowship orientation and arts management Seminar held prior to the Congress. (Download a copy of 2014 Seminar Day Program for reference)
Accepted Fellows must be prepared to complete a post-congress survey.
To apply to the Canadian Fellowship Program, you must first download the Application Instructions (PDF). These instructions contain:
- Program deadlines and criteria
- Digital application instructions
- Application questions so you may prepare your application in advance
- Information regarding the additional materials required in the digital application
Applicants should complete the Application Form and submit it in a single PDF document via email to email@example.com indicating "Canadian Fellowship Application" in the subject line of the email.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, July 31st, 2015 at 17:00 EDT. This deadline will not be extended, and late submissions will not be accepted.
Applications are reviewed and selected by a committee including ISPA’s CEO or designate, Canada Council for the Arts staff, and 1-2 peer reviewer. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by August 26th, 2015.
There is no fee to submit an ISPA Fellowship application.