Every year, TIFF handpicks actors who illustrate the best and brightest performers in the film industry who are poised for international success.
They participate in an intensive talent development programme run by TIFF, and are drawn into the spotlight provided by the Toronto International Film Festival.
Over three days, the actors participate in public events and private industry meetings during the Festival. They undertake intensive professional development with international casting directors, filmmakers, actors, producers and development executives.
TIFF Rising Stars is open to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Applicants must have at least three screen credits in a principal role (short films, feature films, or scripted broadcast TV shows). At least one of these screen credits needs to be a feature film.
Priority will be given to candidates who have a principal role in a feature film submitted to the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival.
Application deadline for TIFF Rising Stars is 5pm EST on Friday, 16 June 2017.
Applicants must provide the following material in support of their application:
• Copy of filmography in pdf format (1-page maximum)
• 1 high-res head shot file in color (format: jpg; minimum resolution: 300dpi)
• 3 high-res stills from films in which the applicant has starred (format: jpg; minimum resolution: 300dpi)
• 2 clips from films in which the applicant has a principal role (maximum length of each clip: 3 minutes).
• 1 video self interview; maximum length: 3 minutes (see below for more information).
For full information on how to apply, please visit this link and complete the application: https://www.tfaforms.com/4617430
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tfaforms.com/4617430