Submission Deadline: July 3, 2019
A PROGRAM OF THE MNJCC SINCE 1999
- Plays are to be sent via email as PDF attachments to email@example.com. Playwrights must use a pseudonym on the front page of their play so that the jury does not recognize their name.
- Please include a letter in the body of the email (that has the play attached) that outlines the history of the creation of this play. This letter should detail all related workshops/readings and dramaturgy. Playwrights must also include their real name and full contact information in this letter. For musical submissions, if there is a musical demo to be submitted, please do so via cloud-based link
- Plays need to have numbered pages
- Please note, jurors do not provide feedback on submitted plays.
- $36 in Canadian funds per play is to be paid with each submission on or before JULY 3, 2019
- Pay with cash or debit in person at our lobby information desk OR
- Pay by phone: (416) 924-6211 x 0 with a Visa or Mastercard OR
- Pay by certified cheque/money order payable to the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre and mail to:
- Playwrights do not need to be Jewish but must be Canadian.
- Play content should have a Jewish focus, depicting a strong theme or aspect of Jewish life.• Plays must be no less than one hour and no more than two hours in length.
- Plays that have been previously produced as a Canadian Actors’ Equity Association (CAEA) co-op agreement/production agreement• Plays that have been previously produced outside of the CAEA agreements and staged for more than one week, except for Fringe Festival productions
- Plays that have been submitted to this competition during the last ten years.
- The winning playwright will receive $1,000 (CDN) and an 8-hour workshop with an Equity director and up to six Equity actors. This workshop concludes with a public reading. The winning playwright will be announced in January 2020.
- This program is generously funded by The Asper Foundation.
The jury members are representatives of Toronto (Harold Green Jewish Theatre), Montreal (Segal Centre for the Performing Arts), Winnipeg (Winnipeg Jewish Theatre), Calgary (Calgary JCC) and Vancouver (JCC of Greater Vancouver) arts communities.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JULY 3, 2019
For more information, contact Deanna Di Lello, Coordinator of Adult Arts and Culture • 416-924-6211 x250, firstname.lastname@example.org