Deadline: October 1, 2019
National and Local Mainstage and Site-Specific Programming
Upintheair Theatre is now accepting applications for the 2020 rEvolver Festival. rEvolver will be presented in and around the Vancouver East Cultural Centre (The Cultch) May 20 – May 31, 2020. We invite submissions from artistically and culturally diverse companies and artists from across Canada to have their work considered.
DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS:
OCTOBER 1, 2019 (POSTMARKED OR EMAILED)
Download the full application form at :
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
rEvolver is an incubator of new work with a focus on formal innovation, supporting emerging and early-mid career theatre makers at transformative junctions in their careers.
The festival presents adventurous and high energy works, bringing audiences the full range of contemporary performance, from script-based theatre to devised and site- specific works, dance, installation, and work-in-progress.
rEvolver features primarily new Canadian work, although we will also consider submissions wishing to premiere reinterpretations of existing works. We program work with a strong artistic vision that takes risks, and is reflective of diverse voices and experiences.
We invite artists of all ages, abilities, cultural practices, ethnicities, socio-economic status, genders, religions, and sexual orientations to apply to participate in the festival.
Upintheair Theatre provides participants in the festival with:
- A performance guarantee, festival tickets, and/or box-office split.
- A venue equipped with festival lighting and sound.
- Venue technician and technical support from the Festival Technical Staff.
- Festival advertising and marketing including website, brochure, and press releases.
- Front of House and Box Office services.
- Shared use of rehearsal space leading up to the festival.
- Archival Video Recording of your performance.
- Local Companies: Training in Independent Producing through Block P : Independent Producing Workshop, including mentoring from festival staff and theatre professionals in partnership with Playwrights Theatre Centre.
- National Companies only: Assistance with travel costs (NOTE: National submissions must be 400km or farther geographically from Vancouver to be considered).
DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS: October 1st, 2019 (Postmarked or emailed)
Download the full application form - https://www.upintheairtheatre.com/revolver-festival-submissions/
All electronic materials should be forwarded to email@example.com with the show name clearly stated in the Subject Line.
Instagram: @upintheair_theatreFacebook: Upintheair Theatre