Deadline: Thursday June 2nd @ 12pm
Starting in September and ending in August, Generator (formerly STAF) provides office space, equipment, and rehearsal time to three project-based, independent theatre companies over one year of growth or change.
Each company receives one week of rehearsal space at Artscape Youngplace, as well as 24-hour access to Generator including wifi, photocopier and printing, meeting spaces, mentorship and classes in the Artist Producer Training Program. In the spring, Annual Resident Companies work collaboratively on a project to solve or address a mutual issue that Generator can share with the community.
To qualify, companies should have a body of work (or the artists and producers behind a new company should have a track record). These companies should not have grown to the extent that they are now receiving operating or core funding from an arts council. It is a residency for project-based organizations looking to improve or change how they operate.
This residency promotes capacity building, peer-mentorship and knowledge-sharing among companies and with other artists the organization supports.
- A brief written introduction (2 pages max) to your company including:
- Its mandate or style, previous productions
- Company or project members
- Critical path for the next year
- A working link to a MAXIMUM 3-minute YouTube video answering the following questions:
- How would you use GENERATOR and what can we offer you?
- What would you do to increase the capacity of your company?
- What is unique about your company that you could teach to other artists, producers or companies?