APPLY TO THE AMY 2019 THEATRE PROGRAM!
The AMY Spring Theatre Creation Program is our flagship activity, a 14-week performance creation program offered each spring to young women and non-binary youth between 15 and 22 years of age.
It’s a chance to work with some of Toronto’s most exciting artists and create & perform your own work!
AMY will meet on Monday evenings January-May 2019, at Scadding Court Community Centre.
- Healthy group meals at every rehearsal
- Free TTC transportation to and from every rehearsal
- One-one mentorship from a top Toronto artist
- Theatre creation workshops
- Work with a team of directors and other AMY participants to devise an original show based on your own stories
- Perform at Canadian Stage!
- Possibility to continue on to the AMY Summer Performance Program
- Make new friends and a join a fun, supportive, creative community!
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
If you are interested in applying, please SIGN UP FOR AN INFO SESSION:
These sessions are an opportunity for AMY to meet you, and for you to learn more about AMY! Attendance at one info session is mandatory if you wish to apply to AMY 2019.
You can attend an info session on either
- MONDAY NOVEMBER 19tH , 7-9PM
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 24TH , 2-4PM
At Scadding Court Community Centre, 707 Dundas Street West (a fully accessible space).
We welcome participants of all abilities and of all cultural backgrounds, we welcome trans and queer participants, we welcome those with little or no previous experience in the arts, we welcome YOU!
“To make a show from scratch was incredible. You feel like you really accomplish something... you can own it and call it your own. It’s a great feeling!” - Kaitlynn
“I am so unbelievably grateful to have had this experience. This program is so important. Not only has it given me more confidence in sharing my work, but it has given me the confidence to claim my space and find my voice in any given situation. The leaders created such a respectful and welcoming space for the group... the whole group offered the same in return. I will always treasure my memories here.” – 2018 participant
“AMY for me was life-changing. I learned a lot about myself. I grew as a writer, as a performer, I made really good friends. I feel stronger when I’m with the group." - Morgan
Posted by: The AMY Project
For more information: http://theamyproject.com/apply