ENSEMBLE DEADLINE: NOV 2ND 2018
In preparation for the 2019 production of Makambe K Simamba’s play Our Fathers, Sons, Lovers and Little Brothers, b current performing arts’ is accepting applications for their bcHUB Emerging Artists Training Ensemble. In support of this groundbreaking play, which explores violence against Black bodies, we are searching for youth who are part of the Black diaspora seeking professional theatre training. Our aim is to offer the infrastructure, support and space to allow the ensemble to present a collective creation based on their lived experiences and emotional truths.
Ensemble members will receive:
- 8x 4 hour sessions of free theatre training in the fields of collective creation and self-production process. This will include workshops on grant writing, pitching, rehearsal process and movement.
- Rehearsal and presentation time in our theatre located within the Wychwood Barns
- Please send a cover letter introducing yourself, explaining why you want to be part of this ensemble and what you hope to accomplish as part of the program
- Please confirm that you identify as part of the Black diaspora
- You will be asked to confirm your availability during our training season. Stay tuned to this page when we will announce the dates of our workshops. All workshops will take place at our Wychwood Barns studio theatre
- Let us know if you’re already working on something you’ve been wanting to shape and if so, please attach a copy of it. We’d love to read what you have so far!
- Email all material to Artistic Director Catherine Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org