***Deadline extended to October 9***
In partnership with Neighbourhood Arts Network, we invite emerging, mid-career, and professional artists to submit works in painting, illustration, photography, sculpture, printmaking, video, and installation that respond to the theme Equity through Emergence for our 33rd Annual Juried Exhibition.
The deadline to submit works has been extended to TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9.
ABOUT THE THEME
- the process of coming into view or becoming exposed after being concealed.
- the process of coming into being, or of becoming important or prominent.
Artists carve out spaces for all backgrounds and walks of life. Art allows for people to express their unique identities, stories, and perspectives, creating a more inclusive society. In collaboration with Neighbourhood Arts Network, we celebrate our diversity and invite artists to explore emergence through art.
- How does your art explore your identity?
- What stories need a spotlight in the media?
- What does community arts mean to you?
- What truths can we uncover and showcase as a community?
- How can we create a better future for the next generation?
- How can we use art to lead social change?
Awards and cash prizes of up to $500 will be awarded to artists whose works demonstrate originality, impact, and in excellence in concept and execution.
Scarborough Arts strives to represent a diverse array of voices. We encourage submissions from all especially from the LGBTQ2S+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit), BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour), Deaf, Mad, and disabled communities.