Deadline: December 6, 2020
The York Region Arts Council is excited to announce the call for applications for our Arts Mentorship Program (AMP). AMP is a chance to connect, learn, and grow through one-on-one mentorship with an experienced artist within their discipline. YRAC has identified a need for community building and professional development opportunities for artists in York Region. Through this program, we want to connect artists to provide a platform for learning and growth in the community. Artists seeking mentorship will be paired with a mentor who has experience in the area in which they seek mentorship.
This year's Arts Mentorship Program is also open to individuals representing art collectives, groups or organizations.
The deadline for applications is December 6, 2020.
For more information and to apply, visit York Region Arts Council's website.
- Gain mentorship from an experienced artist in your artistic discipline
- Gain support and receive guidance while developing your career path
- Meet a group of other like-minded artists in York Region
- Receive individual development through the transfer of skills, expert knowledge and insight
- Have access to YRAC throughout your program
- Be invited to 3 training sessions
- Artist must identify a need for a mentor. All experience levels are welcome so long as you can identify the need for a mentor at your stage in your career.
- Artists must be able to define the artistic discipline in which they seek mentorship, and in specific cases, define a specialty (or career path) in which you would like your mentor to work within. [Example: I would like to be mentored in dance (discipline) with a focus on choreography (specialty)]
- Artist must reside and/or work in York Region.
- Artist must be 18 years or older.
- Artists may also include information about a specific project they are working on which they wish to seek mentorship in or an idea that they wish to explore. [Example: I am currently working on developing a new contemporary dance work to premiere in 2021 and wish to discuss ways to create new and exciting choreography and how to convey meaning within my work to reach new audiences.]
Posted by: York Region Arts Council
For more information: https://www.yorkregionartscouncil.com/mentorship