JULY 6 - 8, 2018 NATHAN PHILLIPS SQUARE – TORONTO, ON
Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition (TOAE) invites nonprofit galleries, visual arts, fine crafts collectives and
artist-run centres from across Canada to submit proposals to exhibit, showcase and sell the works of their selected
artist members in a limited number of community booths alongside over 300 individual artists during the 57th
ACCEPTING PROPOSALS: January 15, 2018 - March 6, 2018
BOOTH FEES: $2,500 for 10’ x 20’ space, $1250 for 10’ x 10’ space, due upon acceptance by the jury.
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
• Mission and mandate of your organization (300 words max.)
• A statement of intent or curatorial vision, how this opportunity is a fit for your organization, how it will
advance your curatorial mandate or benefit your members (750 words max.)
• A booth image/visual representation of your proposed exhibition or installation
• Full names, websites and one image for each artist who intends to participate in your community booth.
Submit a maximum number of 6-11 artists to participate, depending on the sizes of the works (avoid a
cluttered booth). Please ensure all images have the dimensions, medium and name of the artist below
them in the PDF
• A description of your logistics plan, if accepted (your load-in/load-out and set up plan, payment
processing plan for sales of work, and for artist-run galleries: how you plan to cover participation costs
and the shift schedule for staffing your booth (300 words max.)
• A main contact/Community Booth administrator with contact information
Submit all materials as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6th, 2018.
• Individual artists cannot apply to the 2018 Exhibition both as individuals and as members of a
• If you plan to showcase and sell the work of your member artists, you must submit the finalized roster
of your artists (your roster members should not have applied as individual artists to the 2018 Exhibition)
• Works of art can be for exhibition-only and do not necessarily have to be available for sale. If you plan
to sell the works of your roster, you need to submit a sales management plan (as mentioned above).
TOAE does not manage the sales of work nor collect any commission on artwork sales.
WHAT WE OFFER
As a nonprofit art fair, we do our best to make sure that you get the most out of your experience. We are
well-versed in the intricacies of participating in an outdoor art fair therefore we offer these exceptional services to
create a #hasslefree experience for you:
• A great opportunity to showcase your organization at Canada’s best attended and most
visible nonprofit art fair, attracting over 115,000 visitors
• An incredibly strong and diverse marketing and media campaign, including subway, print, radio and
social media ads as well as our community partnerships
• Your fee includes a tent rental, professional set up, walls, hanging grids and weights
• Secure and affordable onsite storage (limited spots available - first-come, first-served, additional fees
• Booth Camp professional development session with industry experts to help you navigate your way
through the logistics of setup as well as marketing tips on how to maximize your organization’s
• Discounted rates on hotel accommodations, overnight parking and custom framing
• Online profile and year-round exposure on our website
• An energetic #dollysquad team to help you load in and out over the weekend
• Dedicated professional and dynamic staff to help you navigate your way throughout the event
ABOUT TORONTO OUTDOOR ART EXHIBITION
Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition is Canada’s largest, longest running juried contemporary outdoor art fair.
Founded in 1961, Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition was established to put contemporary visual artists and
makers at the front and centre of their works, in direct contact with the public, to nurture artistic excellence and
artists’ entrepreneurial spirit. This free public event showcases works by over 340 contemporary visual artists
and makers, ranging in medium from painting, photography, and mixed media to jewellery and ceramics, and
attracts 115,000 visitors each year to Nathan Phillips Square. Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition is a charitable
nonprofit organization (#119259620 RR0001).