Are you an emerging group, individual, or organization who wants to bring an innovative and engaging community program to The Bentway? If so, the 2018 Community Incubation Program is for you!
The Bentway is a new public space and programming platform that is both of the city and about the city. Through the lens of arts, culture, and recreation we explore the changing landscape of Toronto and urbanism on a global scale.
The Bentway is currently accepting applications for community-based programming that:
- animates The Bentway’s grounds, strengthens community ties, and increases visibility to community organizations and interests;
- takes an accessible, participatory and responsive approach to engagement; and
- tackles the theme “If, But, What If?” – an exploration of what could be, what perhaps should be, and what may never be within the ever-evolving city.
Examples of potential programs could include temporary public art installations; drop-in music, dance, and performing arts programs; film screenings; community meals; social good initiatives and more.
Programs must be temporary in nature and take place between September 1 and November 30, 2018.
Successful applicants will receive:
- A maximum of $5,000 to fund their program
- In-kind venue and staffing support from The Bentway
- Capacity building workshops in Event Planning and Marketing/Promotion
- Supplementary marketing and promotional support from The Bentway
- Community connections and networking opportunities
Public Information Session:
April 11, 2018, 6:00-7:00pm, Fort York Visitor Centre, 250 Fort York Blvd., Toronto ON
April 29, 2018 (5:00pm)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Submission of this application does not guarantee selection. The Bentway will notify applicants by May 15, 2018 on the first round status of their application.</em
Check out our website for more details.
Posted by: The Bentway
For more information: http://www.thebentway.ca/2018/04/04/call-for-proposals-community-incubation-program/