Toronto Dance Theatre invites proposals from Toronto-based dance artists wishing to pursue a short Creation Residency at the Winchester St. Theatre, Toronto.
The residency is open to professional artists working in any movement form.
The theatre will be made available to successful applicants, free of charge, for the purpose of creative rehearsals during the weeks of June 17-21 and June 24-28, 2019 (full schedule below). This is a great opportunity to research and create work in a large, bright theatre space.
NB: This is not a production residency. Artists will have use of rehearsal sound system and work light (the studio is very bright in June) but will not have access to theatre lighting or other technical elements or support.
These creation residencies are part of TDT's commitment to supporting the professional development of Toronto's dance artists. We welcome applications from gender non-conforming/trans, LGBTQ+, visible minorities and indigenous artists. The Winchester St. Theatre is unfortunately not barrier-free. The theatre grid cannot support rigging for aerial work and marking or damaging footwear cannot be worn on the dance floor.
Applications must be submitted electronically. To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Creation Residency 2019) by Friday, Oct. 12, 2018 at 5 PM:
- A brief description of the project you will be working on (100 words max);
- A link to an online example of your work;
- The times and dates, in order of preference, that you would use the space. Projects can request multiple time blocks, which may be allocated to selected proposals according to availability.
- Monday June 17 - Friday June 21, 2019 from 9 AM - 1 PM
- Monday June 17 - Friday June 21, 2019 from 1 PM - 5 PM
- Monday June 24 - Friday June 28, 2019 from 9 AM - 1 PM
- Monday June 24 - Friday June 28, 2019 from 1 PM - 5 PM
Artists will be notified by Fri. Oct 26, 2018. Any questions should be directed to email@example.com
Posted by: Toronto Dance Theatre
For more information: https://www.tdt.org/blog