Updated Deadline:Monday, September 16th, 2019 – at 11:59pm
Dusk Dances is inviting applications from all Canadian dance artists, for a site-specific commissioned work. One project will be selected by Dusk Dances Inc. and its licensees: le
Théâtre Hector-Charland, Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts Dance Theatre and Simcoe Contemporary Dancers. This new work will be performed at Dusk Dances 2020 in Toronto,
Terrebonne, Hamilton and Barrie.
Dusk Dances is an outdoor dance festival that brings high quality contemporary and traditional dance to public parks. As dusk descends, a theatrical host leads the audience to eclectic dance pieces that unfold in different areas of the park. Audiences are invited to an innovative site-specific festival which is not only an artistic event but a social and cultural one as well. Directed by Sylvie Bouchard, Dusk Dances celebrates its 25th season in 2019.
- The candidate must be a professional dance artist
- The candidate must have attended Dusk Dances at least once
- The new work proposed must be ten (10) minutes in length
- The new work proposed must feature between 3 and 6 dancers, who will be selected by Dusk Dances Inc. for the 2020 tour
- The new work will be created in Toronto, during the 2019-2020 season (schedule to be discussed with the choreographer)
Please provide the following information and support material:
- Name, address, telephone number, email and website (if applicable)
- Your impressions on the Dusk Dances event(s) you saw
- A short paragraph describing your experience with site-specific choreography, emphasizing outdoor presentations of your work
- A paragraph describing your intentions with the new work proposed
- Two video links that represent your choreographic work
- One CV that includes your experience as a choreographer
*Applications must be submitted as one (1) pdf or Word file.
Please send your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dusk Dances is an equal-opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all cultures and backgrounds, with specific attention to marginalized communities. If you have any questions regarding your submission, please email: Marketa Tokova at email@example.com. All applicants will be contacted.
For more information: http://duskdances.ca/en/get_involved_call_to_artists.php