Interested in a career in theatre, but don’t know where to start?
TENT can help!
TENT (Theatre Entrepreneurs' Network & Training) is the Toronto Fringe’s free immersive summer program for emerging theatre producers. During the 12 days of the Festival, we provide 40 participants (ages 18-29) the opportunity to further develop the skills necessary to pursue a career in professional theatre.
Interactive Workshops: We teach you effective strategies on self-producing, budgeting, grant writing, PR & marketing strategies, inclusivity & equity practices, building your brand as an artist, and more!
Mentorship Opportunities: We link you to theatre professionals who offer guidance and advice, connecting you with the artistic community.
Rush Passes: You’ll be provided a Rush Pass to the 2017 Toronto Fringe to view any production throughout the Festival.
Projects: New this year, TENT participants will be showcased as part of our Fringe Club programming with creative group projects.
Bursaries: Through the generous support of Ontario 150, the Fringe is offering financial assistance to a limited number of TENT participants.
TENT gave me access to the hardworking, emotionally honest, funny, flawed, complex, and creatively adventurous people making theatre in Canada, and it taught me how I can be one of them.
-2015 TENT Participant
- Ages: 18-29 years
- An emerging artist exploring a career in professional theatre
- Possess experience in the performing arts (secondary/post-secondary education, or community theatre)
- Be available during the Toronto Fringe Festival (July 5-16, 2017).
Note: the schedule will be flexible to accommodate employment opportunities outside of participation
- A cover letter (including your name, age, address, phone number, and email address) outlining your desire to participate in TENT, what you hope to gain from the experience, and your future career aspirations (one page only)
- A current CV (one page only)
- Make note of whether you are applying for financial assistance
- Attach all written documents as ONE PDF file
Applications sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Open: Monday, April 3rd, 2017
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 28th, 2017
Visit our website for more information.
Posted by: Toronto Fringe Festival
For more information: http://fringetoronto.com/fringe-festival/youth/tent/