Deadline: July 20, 2020
Are you curious about presenting work at a Fringe Festival, but don’t know where to start? Are you hoping to connect with established theatre artists? Do you want to share space with other theatre-makers your age?
Join us this summer for an online series called My First Fringe - Imagining Our New World, created especially for youth artists aged 13-19.
Taking place from July 27 - Aug 14, this series of 6 two-hour workshops will include creation, direction, design and producing workshops from established and practicing theatre artists in Toronto. Participants of My First Fringe will become part of a knowledge and space-sharing experience with other youth and established artists, and will leave with a deeper knowledge on how to launch future Fringe (or indie) shows. Participants will also be guided through a mock application process to the 2021 Toronto Fringe Festival, so they are prepared to submit (if they wish) in the fall.
The workshop series will end in a presentation that showcases what the youth artists have been working on. We will also invite all participants to engage in a post-mortem and assessment session with Program Coordinators Senjuti Sarker and Jules Vodarek Hunter.
- Applications are open now and close at noon on July 20.
- Participants will be offered an $100 honourarium.
- Only 10 spots are available, as we hope to keep the digital-only sessions as intimate as possible.
- Applicants will be assessed and vetted based on their responses in the application.
- If you require any accommodations in the application process, please let us know and we would be happy to assist. Email email@example.com
- Please indicate on the application if you require access measures such as ASL interpretation or captions to participate in this program.
Any other questions? Please reach out to Toronto Fringe Outreach Coordinator Senjuti Sarker at firstname.lastname@example.org