Canadian Stage is pleased to announce a call for submissions for our ninth annual Company in Residence supported by the RBC Emerging Artist Program.
The program runs from December 2017 to May 2018 and will support one company.
The deadline for submissions is November 6, 2017.
This initiative was created to support artists who are developing and producing theatre as new independent companies. The residency is designed to offer encouragement, professional development opportunities, and resources toward a project in development for a Toronto-based company in their early years.
The residency includes:
An opportunity to develop a project which will receive a work-in-progress showing at the Berkeley Street Theatre during one of the following time periods: January 29 – February 11, February 19 – March 4, March 5 – March 18, March 19 – April 2 2017.
• Additional access to rehearsal space as schedules permit
• Letters of support as requested
• The opportunity to curate at least one session (i.e. a panel discussion or workshop) for emerging artists, addressing a topic of your choice
• Informational interviews with staff
• Access to the Canadian Stage script library
• Listing on the Canadian Stage website
• Additional opportunities as they arise
To apply, please submit:
• A brief statement outlining why you would like to be our RBC Emerging Artist Program: Company in Residence, and how it would assist your future artistic endeavours
• A company mission statement
• Brief biographies of key company members
• A brief history of your company
• Brief descriptions of any projects you have in development
• Your availability for project development and presentation at the Berkeley Street Theatre during the 3 following time periods: January 29 – February 11, February 19 – March 4, March 5 – March 18, March 19 – April 2 2018.
• Please email all materials in a single document to Taliesin McEnaney at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 6, 2017, using the subject line: “Emerging Artist Company in Residence".
For more information please visit https://www.canadianstage.com/Online/submissions
Posted by: Canadian Stage
For more information: https://www.canadianstage.com/Online/submissions