Now in its ninth year, Compass Points is a 6-day intensive program designed to inspire and nurture the careers of emerging artists from across the country.
It provides a firsthand introduction to the professional theatre industry and fosters lifelong collaborative relationships among a peer community of Canada’s next generation of theatre creators. The program will focus on providing participants with new tools, inspiration, and ideas to fuel their creative practices while engaging in a critical discourse on artistic creation and criticism. The Magnetic North Theatre Festival will be held in Whitehorse, Yukon, this year from June 9-18. The Compass Points Program will run from June 11-16, 2016.
Ideal Candidates Are:
• Emerging artists who have a strong interest in engaging in the national and local arts community, developing their craft as an artist, and artistic leadership.
• In their final years or recently graduated from post-secondary theatre, dance, and music programs, or emerging artists who have been in the arts industry for up to four years since graduating.
• Available for the entire duration of Compass Points (June 11-16, 2016).
Your submission must include:
1. One to two (1-2) page letter of interest. This should answer three questions: Why you? Why this program? Why now?
2. One (1) page description of your artistic practice. What kind of theatre / dance / performance are you interested in? What have you worked on and what work do you see yourself doing next?
3. Resume/CV (Optional)
First time applying or want support writing your application? We highly encourage applicants to email email@example.com with the subject line “Compass Points Application 2016 – Your Region” (Regions: Territories, British Columbia, Prairies, Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic) and you’ll be put in touch with a representative from your region to assist you with the application.
Francophone applicants may submit their application in French. However, please note the main programming of Compass Points will be conducted in English.
If you have any general questions about the program, fees, or the submission process, please contact Compass Points Curator, Brian Postalian, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your completed application by Friday April 29, 2016
Posted by: Magnetic North Theatre Festival
For more information: http://www.magneticnorthfestival.ca/festival/compass-points/application/