Factory Theatre is seeking applicants for participation in its artistic leadership training program, Factory Engineers.
The overall goal of this program is to provide the necessary resources, environment, and mentorship to develop individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds into artistic leaders in the Toronto theatre community.
Under the Artistic Director’s guidance, the participant will be fully immersed in the world of creating theatre in the most comprehensive sense: from seeking out and cultivating the work and artists (new play and artist development); to conceptualizing the work (season and production planning); securing funding (grant writing); assisting in the development and execution of the company’s marketing and development plans; and realizing that vision and putting it onto the stage (producing, dramaturgy, and directing).
Factory Theatre will be offering the Engineer the following opportunities:
• Shadow the Artistic Director as she manages the current season and plans future seasons
• Assist in the execution of our new work development and training enhancement programs
• Learn about producing theatre in a professional context and the organizational structure of a not-for-profit charitable organization.
• Work with the Artistic and Managing Directors to prepare and collate board packets and gain insight into working with boards of directors at an executive level
• Experience grant writing and budgeting on an operating and multiyear level
• Work on and contribute to creative fundraising campaigns
• Collaborate to deliver innovative audience building initiatives
This unique program offers a pragmatic training approach focusing on leadership and organizational skills rather than artistic practice. The successful program participant will join the theatre on a 40 week paid ($625 per week) full-time contract to complete the program.
Deadline to apply is September 15, 2017 at 11:55 pm. For more information visit factorytheatre.ca
Posted by: Factory Theatre
For more information: https://www.factorytheatre.ca/artists1/leadership-training-ehancement/